In this framework, EsSENce will promote interdisciplinary work streams for an efficient exchange of knowledge, and contribute to human resources training in new technologies for high-performance nanocomposite materials with sensing capabilities. Furthermore. it will favor the mobility of researchers (Training Schools, Short Term Scientific Missions, Workshops, periodic seminars, etc.), and liaise between networks and international bodies and associations, such as the European Materials Modelling Council, the Carbon Fibers and Advanced High-Performance Cluster or conferences on relevant topics.
EsSENce will also contribute to fostering the development of European Strategic Cluster Partnerships (i.e. European meta-clusters) by helping research institutes, SMEs and industries find easier access to
global value chains and engage in long-term cooperation with strategic partners.
The main objectives are:
1. Development of a competitive network, consisting of specialized Working Groups, for the production and assessment of CNMs and advanced composites for sensing applications.
2. Establishment of strong liaisons with international business networks through linking and sharing of information to identify current industrial market needs.
3. Dissemination of the hub objectives, challenges and results both to specific sector audience (scientific and industrial) and to the large audience through e-platforms and social media.
4. Promotion of EU groups contribution to the emergence of new value chains and the aim to take a leading position globally, supporting internationalisation towards third countries beyond Europe.
5. Networking and communication with other relevant networks to promote multidisciplinarity and cooperation in the production of CNMs and nanocomposites through dedicated web forum.
6. Improved global competitiveness and independence for the EU in the production and commercialization of carbon-based multi-functional products.