Dissemination Conference Grants
What are Dissemination Conference Grants?
Dissemination Conference Grants support the participation of Action participants to high-level conference to present the work of the Action.
Currently, CA19118 ESSENCE calls for Dissemination Conference Grants applications targeting participation at conferences that will take place before 31st October 2022. The call is continuous.
Dissemination Conference Grants:
-will help increase the visibility of the Action in the research community, and will contribute to increasing visibility of the presenter;
-will attract additional participants and stakeholders by facilitating the dissemination of Action results to relevant end-users at high profile Conferences in the field on a topic relevant to the Action.
Dissemination Conference Grants aim to be of benefit to the:
• Dissemination Conference Grantee: receives support for attending and presenting the Action, their activities, and results (oral presentation) at a conference and/or for developing new
contacts and potential future collaborations;
• COST Action: receives increased visibility and awareness, new contacts with potential stakeholders.
Dissemination Conference Grants provide contribution for traveling, accommodation and subsistence expenses, registration fee, printing of scientific poster and overall effort. Up to EUR 2 000,00 per grant for face to-face conferences or EUR 500.00 for virtual conferences.
More information can be found in Section 1.2.2 of the Annotated Rules for COST Actions.
How to Apply?
Applications for ITC Conference Grants are first submitted on the e-COST website: https://e-services.cost.eu/conferencegrant.
To be filled in e-COST:
• Title of the presentation
• Conference title, date (within the active Grant Period) and venue;
• Budget requested;
• Attendance Type (face to face or virtual)
To be uploaded to e-COST:
• Application form (template available on e-COST) describing: Alignment with the Action Science Communication plan and Expected impact to the COST
• Copy of the abstract of the accepted oral presentation focused on promoting the scientific achievements and activities being performed by the COST
• Acceptance (or invitation) letter from the conference organizers;
The following documents must also be e-mailed to the ESSENCE Grant Awarding Coordinator, Dr. Stefan G. Stanciu : email@example.com
• document generated by e-COST,
• a CV, including a list of academic publications if applicable,
• acceptance letter from the conference organizers (confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation),
• a copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference.
Applicants must be eligible (see Annotated Rules for COST Actions, Section 1.2.1) and the papers/poster submitted to the conference must be in line with the Action scientific objectives.
The applications will be ranked by the ESSENCE Grant Awarding Coordinator based on:
• scientific quality of the paper/poster accepted at the conference
• CV of the applicant
• benefit to the development of the COST Action
The selection will follow COST policies on gender inclusiveness and geographical balance.
The final ranking will be approved by the Action Chair and Co-Chair.
The researchers who applied to the call will receive the results of the selection from the ESSENCE Grant Awarding Coordinator. The selected researchers should wait for the official invitation from the Grant Holder before booking any travel arrangements and paying conference fees.
The selected researchers will have to acknowledge the COST Action in their final contribution to the conference.