Virtual Mobility (VM) Grants aim at strengthening the existing networks by allowing scientists to foster collaboration in a virtual setting, to exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, disseminate Action results, etc. The successful applicant(s) will be selected by the MC to perform activities that do not necessarily require in-person presence. These activities may include surveys, questionnaires or preparation of protocols, virtual mentoring of activities that can generate capacity, build new skills, etc.
Who can apply?
- Applicant(s) are Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full or Cooperating Member country or MC Observers from a COST Near Neighbour Country.
- The applicant(s) shall inform the MC about the aim of the VM Grant and how its outcomes will generate benefits to the Action, actively contribute to the activities and overall objectives of the Action and submit a report at the end, to be approved by the VNS manager on behalf of the MC.
The maximum amount per VM Grant is EUR 1.500, with a maximum of 6 VM Grants per Action per Grant Period. The selection of successful grantee shall be based on contributions to the overall objectives of the Action, the implementation of the COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy as well as the approved strategy on virtual networking for the Action.
The application shall be submitted in e-COST and include the following information:
- Main objective of the Virtual Mobility Grant.
- Working Plan: Description of the collaborative initiative to be implemented.
- Plan for Participation: List of participants in the collaborative initiative (short description of their expertise and contribution).
- Main expected outputs: results and contribution to the progress towards the MoU objectives (either research coordination and/or capacity building objectives can be tackled) and delivery of the MoU objectives.
- Contribution to the COST Action Strategy: How will the Virtual Mobility contribute to the COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy and plans for stakeholder engagement and promoting participation of researchers from NNC and IPC (COST Global Networking) and to the approved virtual networking strategy, if available.
For more information about the type of activities that can be covered with these new grants, application and reporting process can be found in the Annotated Rules .
Criteria of selection:
- Early Carrier Investigator (20%)
- Gender Balance (20%)
- VNT plan_ Application (60%).
Deadline of applications: 01/08/2022